Easter Memories we made this year...

We all went to my Dad's house to celebrate Easter and let the kids hunt eggs. He has a farm in the country in Marshall County, a little north of here. He has 6 acres out in the middle of nowhere- and it is peaceful and quite.
Unless the grandchildren are visiting!
My sister and brother/sister-in-law and nieces and nephew were there and had a great time. They all brought the eggs they had colored and Paw Paw and Nanny had put coins in plastic eggs for them.
My Maw Maw, who is 95, also got to come and see the great-grandchildren play. She played the harmonica while my little girl did what appeared to be break-dancing. We had good food and, of course, opportunity for priceless photos.


As an added bonus, my sister and I got to pull my brother's oldest daughter's FIRST TOOTH!

Boy, will there be some excitement at her house with the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny visiting on the same night.
We made sure to tell her that the first tooth, the fairy usually brought $25.00.
Her favorite aunt(not me....but my sister...all the kids favorite....) gave her a rolled up $20, too. Thus, why she is the favorite.
We came back by the Cracker Barrel for Chicken and Dumplings and biscuits--and arrived home in time for the Easter bunny to leave each of my children their basket at the foot of their beds as they drifted off to sleep. About midnight! They each got a special basket their first Easter and they get it refilled with goodies every year.
My husband captured the cutest moment on video with Sally's excitement and wonder as to how she got exactly what she wanted and how the bunny accomplished such amazing tasks.
Since it was early this morning and I was in my nightgown with wonderful hair, I will only tell you about it.

Comments

Charnita,
That sounds like a wonderful day on the farm. Lots of excitement. Glad you all had a good time.