How to Really Love Child


I am thankful today for my life. While I do grow restless ( and poorer in monetary things....)and need to pursue my career, I am so blessed to be a stay home mom for the time being and be richer in blessings being here for the kids.

As I cleaned up the house this morning, I picked up and folded one of my all time favorite gifts.
When I first found out I was pregnant with my son, in fact, after my first doctor's visit, my Mom and I went shopping at a baby boutique close to Brookwood Hospital. She bought me my first baby gift that day, and I still treasure it.

I have purchased it several times since for baby gifts.
How to Really Love a Child
Be There. Say yes as often as possible. Let them bang on pots and pans. If they're crabby, put them in water. If they're unlovable, love yourself. Realize how important it is to be a child. Go to a movie theater in your pajamas. Read books out loud with joy. Invent pleasures together. Remember how really small they are. Giggle a lot. Surprise them. Say no when necessary. Teach feelings. Heal your own inner child. Learn about parenting. Hug trees together. Make loving safe. Bake a cake and eat it with your hands. Go find elephants and kiss them. Plan to build a rocketship. Imagine yourself magic. Make lots of forts with blankets. Let your angel fly. Reveal your own dreams. Search out the positive. Keep the gleam in your eyes. Mail letters to God. Encourage silly. Plant licorice in your garden. Open up. Stop Yelling.
Express your love a lot. Speak kindle. Paint their tennis shoes. Handle with caring
Children are Miraculous!
(Sark)

Comments