- It is better to leave your new, orange sporty SUV at the airport parking deck than to allow your wife to drive it for safe keeping.
- Do not assume an 18 wheeler in a left turn lane is turning left.
- Do not assume that a bright orange SUV is visible to truck driver wearing overalls and cap over eyes-and waiting in a left turn lane to turn right, where you are stopped at the stop sign next to him.
- Never, think " Wow, I think that truck is turning YET will make a sharp enough, expertly executed turn not to take the H-U-M-M-E-R grill off my front end". (Think I am the bus in this picture. It was like life in slow motion. Nothing I could do but watch.)
- You will be amazed how far a grill of a vehicle will travel into the air and on-coming traffic when hit by the trailer of a Semi-truck. And makes a LOUD sound.
- Never forget that life is much more precious than an orange, newly purchased-only-Saturday SUV that your husband let you drive as he was out of town only to wreck on Tuesday.
- Only great husbands say "As long as you are OK" when you tell them.
.......Oh yes, and never put your Debit card in the McDonald's sack with your dozen apple pies you are comfort eating after a traffic accident. You will throw bag and all contents in the trash when you are done.
I am here to post, alive and well, have not debit card, so I won't spend money.....
and said a prayer with my children for the blessings
I have on this less than perfect day.
As my Dad said, it is only a car.
When I picked up Baby girl, I said I had a wreck and a big truck hit me.
She looked at the front end and said, "Mom that not look too bad."
We opened the back seat, and the large grill from the front was in the back, sticking well into the back seat by her car seat. She immediately froze, took one step back and said.....
"Mom, Daddy is gonna kill you!"
I am putting the day to an end, only to rise to a better one tomorrow.