The 1% Matters


I haven’t posted much at all concerning COVID. 

Honestly, I don’t enjoy reading political opinions or debating topics on Facebook or any social media platform AT ALL, so I never engage. 

I like to see happy, family pictures and that is all ! 

If you are looking for a fight or debate, look on someone else’s page. That is not what this is about. 


This is food for thought for my friends. 

I'm not asking your opinion nor do I want to elicit your comments or thoughts.

I just want to put some facts and ideas out there for my friends, especially all of people that love to claim the 1% fatality rate argument or those that maintain this pandemic is over-exaggerated or that this disease somehow misrepresented:





These are 2 stories I have first hand knowledge of That involve real life people right here in the Birmingham area:


- One lady lost her son and her brother to death by COVID in one week. Both died suddenly and without warning at home. 


- A son lost both his parents within 24 hours. Going over to check on his parents, he found them both In Bed -his father already dead.  An ambulance took his mother to the ER - where she died the next day. 


Those 1%-ers mattered. Those families are heartbroken.


How would one even begin a conversation of consolation in either of these situations? 

These are not fake news. 

These people were not sick in the hospital on a ventilator, they were at home, asleep.


These are my 2 stories for this week. 

I could share many more. My Facebook feed is full of prayer requests for those who are sick. 

I know countless people who are ill with the virus. 

If my mask could spare JUST one person, I would gladly wear it all day, every day. 

I have antibodies for the virus. I still have them after being ill with COVID for 5 weeks in May.  

I am a strong person, and I will say, even a mild case was horrible.

I can’t give it or get it (For the time being) and I still wear a mask out of courtesy and  respect for my fellow human beings.

Respect and LOVE for our fellow human beings is the key phrase here.

This certainly seems a lost concept these days, 

but one I seem to have heard somewhere before.

LOVE one another. 


34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 


35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 13:34-35

Comments